Amanda-Users

backup and amcheck of PC share

2002-08-28 19:50:36
Subject: backup and amcheck of PC share
From: "Christopher J. Wargaski" <cjw AT wargaski DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:39:59 -0500
Hello--

   I am running Amanda 2.4.2 on HP-UX. I have no problems performing
backups of a PC share running Windows 98, but Windows 2000 is a
problem.

   I added the user "amanda" to the Win2K box and was able to perform
some backups. After about a month of operation, I receive the errors
for each share during a backup and amcheck:

ERROR: sumter: [PC SHARE //mchenry.domain.org/admin$ access error:
host down or invalid password?]

    Once I removed the user and added it again. That fixed the
problem, but only temporarily. Now it is back.

    I am sure that I am missing something.

cjw

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
                                                  --Immanuel Kant