Amanda-Users

Re: Backing the backup server

2002-08-27 15:01:38
Subject: Re: Backing the backup server
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: "Craig Hancock chancock AT bsd.uchicago DOT edu" <chancock AT delphi.bsd.uchicago DOT edu>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:47:00 -0500
--On Tuesday, August 27, 2002 13:27:10 -0500 "Craig Hancock chancock AT bsd.uchicago DOT
edu" <chancock AT delphi.bsd.uchicago DOT edu> wrote:

I am trying to backup the backup server in amanda
and I am a little confused on how to go about it
from the documentation you setup a .amandahosts file on the
server and the client. Is an entry for the backup
server need to be there. If so what should the
connect as user be
1) amanda
2) root

For backups, the user is amanda (or whatever you defined it
to be if you changed it), and the line should be

server.domain.name amanda

Don't forget to make sure that amanda owns it and it is only
readable (and writable) by amanda.

If this is not the case then how does one configure
the backup server?

The amandahosts file on the server should contain the same line
as on the clients, except that you will need additional lines on
the server in the form of

client.domain.name root

in order to restore directly on the clients.

Frank

Craig Hancock

--

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers