Amanda-Users

Tapeless Amanda Backup. Please Help?

2002-08-25 23:21:38
Subject: Tapeless Amanda Backup. Please Help?
From: "Shonne Beavers" <shonnedb AT directvinternet DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 22:03:42 -0500

I am trying to configure Amanda for tapeless backup. When I run, su amanda -c "amcheck DailySet1” to test; this is what I get.

[root@netsaint DailySet1]# su amanda -c "amcheck DailySet1"

bash: /root/.bashrc: Permission denied

Amanda Tape Server Host Check

-----------------------------

Holding disk /usr/amanda: 6761156 KB disk space available, that's plenty

ERROR: no-such-device: No such file or directory

       (expecting a new tape)

NOTE: skipping tape-writable test

NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo: does not exist

NOTE: it will be created on the next run

NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/index/localhost: does not exist

Server check took 0.001 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check

Client check: 1 host checked in 0.053 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)

Help?