Amanda-Users

multi-tapes

2002-08-22 20:53:26
Subject: multi-tapes
From: Chris Bourne <cbourne AT xapnet DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:40:08 -0700
Hello,
I am in need of help regarding changing tapes on a autoloader. I am using amanda 2.4.2p2-4 on RedHat 7.2 with a Dell 120T DDS4 autoloader and Sony 20/40G dgd 150p tapes. I have labeled each tape using the command

bash$/usr/sbin/amlabel DailySet1 DailySet101
bash$/usr/sbin/amlabel DailySet1 DailySet102
......and so on. I had to change each tape physically on the tape machine itself in order to label the tapes.

I have got amanda writing to the tapes no problem. The amchecks give me no errors except stuff about the changer.conf file in which I cannot figure out. I basically just want a different tape to be called upon (rotated) nightly. I have 7 tapes labeled as described above. Also what options would I use for the amtape command to get this working. Please describe as much detail for I have been hacking for a while and cannot figure this out.

Thanks,
   Chris Bourne

--
Chris Bourne