Amanda-Users

Solaris 2.6 and a driver file for the robotic arm of an STK 9730

2002-08-21 17:44:25
Subject: Solaris 2.6 and a driver file for the robotic arm of an STK 9730
From: "Quinn, Richard C. - Collinsville IT" <rcquinn AT roysterclark DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:35:08 -0500
Hi,

I have compiled Amanda on Solaris 2.6.

I just installed an STK 9730  with 2 DLT 7K drives and a robotic arm and
did a boot -r to get Solaris to recognize its new toy.

Okay, probe-scsi-all shows all the devices.

Now I am trying to configure the chg-scsi tape changer config file and
am at a loss as to what to put under ''changerdev''

The example chg-scsi.conf file for Solaris that comes with amanda has
this entry
changerdev      /dev/rsst4

I looked under /dev and cannot find any ''rsst4''

I looked directly under /dev for any files that were created at the time
that I did the boot -reconfigure and only found entries for the DLT
drives.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich