Amanda-Users

Re: amflush with tapeless configuration

2002-08-19 05:31:00
Subject: Re: amflush with tapeless configuration
From: BRINER Cedric <work AT infomaniak DOT ch>
To: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>, _amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:55:25 +0200
> On Friday 16 August 2002 10:19, BRINER Cedric wrote:
> >hi,
> >
> >I get problem with amflush with my new tapeless configuration.
> >
> >does someone get such kind of problem also ??
> >
> >I launch the amflush succesfully
> >right after it i look for some process of amanda
> >
> >>ps -ef | grep am
> >
> >don't give me any am<execfile>
> >
> >I don't see any new files in the disk"tape" pointed by data
> >
> >and the only log file that I found relevant is:
> >>less /export/diskE/amanda-2.4.3b3/DailySet/log
> >
> >DISK amflush obssf2 /export/diskB
> >START amflush date 20020816
> >START driver date 20020816
> >WARNING driver WARNING: /export/diskF/DailySetDisk: 69206016 KB
> >requested, but only 15932047 KB available.
> >STATS driver startup time 0.018
> >START taper datestamp 20020816 label sb06_1 tape 0
> >INFO taper tape sb06_1 kb 0 fm 0 [OK]
> >FINISH driver date 20020816 time 0.465
>
> According to that, the flush would be 69gigs, but theres only 15
> available.

Exactly, but this message is the one given by the driver, and the
warning tell that the size of the holding disk is not as big as what
is written into amanda.conf file. I don't really see any problem for
amflush to push data from an almost full HD to an empty one !!..

I'm running amanda under the a non root user and a non root
group...could it create any problem ??

Plus, I'm suspecting that it's not really allowed to make a structure
like this for the repertory pointed by :
<<tapedev "file:/unige/amanada/bckp">>

where the <<data>> link point an other link which finally point a nfs
mounted repertory

atalante:1 169> ls -l /unige/amanda/bckp/
total 28
lrwxrwxrwx   1 obs_bkp  sys           27 Aug 16 15:21 data ->
/net/obssb1/export/diskB1/1/
-rw-------   1 obs_bkp  sys           11 Aug 16 15:21 info
lrwxrwxrwx   1 obs_bkp  sys           27 Aug 12 14:41 sb01_1 ->
/net/obssb1/export/diskB1/1/

And finally, what looks suspect to me is that I don't receive any email
back from amflsuh !!!  odd isn'it

need some help !!

Briner