Amanda-Users

Re: (no subject)

2002-08-14 13:30:44
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:17:13 -0400
On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 10:48:22AM -0600, Scott Sanders wrote:

> I think the only difference is what priority the dump has. root-tar has
> a low priority and user-tar has a medium priority.
>
> Right/ownership are preserved either way.
>
> C White wrote:
>
> > i've just been sitting here trying to determine what the actual
> > differences between comp-root-tar and comp-user-tar are

Scott is correct using my dumptypes.  Local changes might affect the answer.

I sometimes explore the chain of dumptype includes and see what they would
be if merged into a single dumptype.  Note, I don't install it this way,
just check it out.  Here is the results of my two dumptypes.

define dumptype comp-user-tar {
#       user-tar
#               root-tar
#                       global
                                index yes
                                record yes
                        program "GNUTAR"
                        compress none
                        index yes
                        exclude list "/usr/local/etc/amanda/exclude.gtar"
                        priority low
                priority medium
        compress client fast
}

define dumptype comp-root-tar {
#       root-tar
#               global
                        index yes
                        record yes
                program "GNUTAR"
                compress none
                index yes
                exclude list "/usr/local/etc/amanda/exclude.gtar"
                priority low
        compress client fast
        record yes
}

For duplicate items, the last one takes effect.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)