Amanda-Users

Re: SGI IRIX xfsrestore

2002-08-13 00:22:24
Subject: Re: SGI IRIX xfsrestore
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: "Anne M. Hammond" <hammond AT solarz.Colorado DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:06:01 -0400
* Anne M. Hammond (hammond AT solarz.Colorado DOT EDU) [20020812 18:54] thus
spake:
> The header at the beginning of the amanda dump file says
> to restore use
> dd if=<tape> bs=32k skip=1 | /sbin/xfsrestore -f... -
>
> However, this is producing errors from xfsrestore.

and these would be?

> If you have used a dd into a piped xfsrestore under
> SGI IRIX, could you email me the command?

Not sure if this will help you, but digging from my notes when I was
using amanda-2.4.1p1 with xfsdump/xfsrestore on O200's running
irix-6.4 (a long time ago!):

    amrecover does not have the capability to interface correctly with
    xfsrestore with the present version (2.4.1p1).  You have to use the
    following command:

    rsh -n -l <amanda_server> amrestore -p <tape_device> <host> \
    [<disk_device>] [<timestamp>] | xfsrestore -ib 2 - .

    where <amanda_server> <tape_device> <host> <disk_device> <timestamp>
    should all be replaced with proper values. Values in brakets are not
    mandatory. The xfsrestore flags have to be typed *exactly as shown*.
    Don't forget to position the tape head correctly!

xfsrestore used to be very picky about its arguments, spaces. etc...
What version of irix are you running?

YMMV,
jf

--