Amanda-Users

Tr: RE: erased a tape

2002-08-02 01:42:30
Subject: Tr: RE: erased a tape
From: Hery Zo RAKOTONDRAMANANA <heryzo AT simicro-internet DOT mg>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 08:24:26 +0300 (EAT)
forgot the copy to the list :)

----- Message retransmis par Hery Zo RAKOTONDRAMANANA <heryzo@simicro-
internet.mg> -----
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 08:23:21 +0300 (EAT)
From: Hery Zo RAKOTONDRAMANANA <heryzo AT simicro-internet DOT mg>
Subject: RE: erased a tape
To: "Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems DOT com>

En réponse à "Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems DOT com>:

> I can't think of any reason not to just label the tape with the label
> it
> used to have. You'll need to use the -f option with amlabel (because
> amanda
> doesn't know the tape was erased) but other than that, the label and
> the
> physical media are still both available, there's no reason not to just
> put
> them back together.

As far as I don't know how amanda will react if I put a virgin TestConf03 (a
relabelled one), I mean: I don't know if amanda append to the tape for backups
or if it start from the beginning of the tape.
If amanda appends to the tape then it will fail looking for previous data on
TestConf03 (since it was erased). So I choosed to remove TestConf03 from the
cycle and label it Testconf14.

Last night dump to TestConf14 were ok.

------------------------------------
Hery Zo RAKOTONDRAMANANA