ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Can we disable client journaling with Server CLOPT ?

2018-05-09 10:14:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] Can we disable client journaling with Server CLOPT ?
From: "Michaud, Luc [Analyste principal - environnement AIX]" <Luc.Michaud2 AT STM DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 14:12:18 +0000
Greetings everyone,

Our shop is TSM 717000 on AIX, with lots of Win BA clients v7164 with
journaling enabled.

In a restore test of a Windows node, we found that a file that was changed in
2017 was never backed up.
We thus kept the previous iteration (circa 2016) as active in the actual node
data.

We were led to journaling FAQ at
So, now we are looking to implement the recommended "periodic FULL INCREMENTAL
BACKUPS".

We have no actual access to the Windows clients, except for DSMCAD...
Thus I thought of doing a periodic rotation of node clopt on the server-side,
however it seems that the NOJOURNAL option is only valid on the dsmc
command-line.

How have you guys gone about implementing this ?

Luc