ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Restoring older file version

2018-04-24 11:54:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] Restoring older file version
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [OITS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 15:52:17 +0000
I have a node manager attempting to restore a previous version of a file.

The Mgmt class indicates Versions data exists: 3, Versions data deleted: 3,
Retain extra versions 30 Days.

The file has not been deleted.
The file date is 4/20/18.
It changes "monthly" but I don't know the exact dates, probably varies from
month to month.

Using View Active/Inactive doesn't present the previous versions.

If he picks a point in time of 4/20/18, he sees the file dated 4/20.
If he picks point in time of 4/19/19, no versions are displayed.

I would expect at least one previous version unless the "retain extra versions
30 days" is the property allowing the file to be deleted from TSM sooner than
expected.

The node is running on version 6.01 against an old TSM at 6.3.4.300. (I'm in an
upgrade issue, so can't deal with that yet, or open a PMR)

For the community: is that "retain extra versions" value of 30 the issue?  It's
allowing a file version dated 3/19 or earlier to be deleted?

Harold Vandeventer
Office of Information Technology Services
(785) 296-4999
Harold.Vandeventer AT ks DOT gov | www.oits.ks.gov

CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVILEGE NOTICE
This email message including attachments, if any, is intended for the person or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. Any unauthorized review, use or disclosure is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy the
original message, including all copies.

CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVILEGE NOTICE
This e-mail message, including attachments, if any, is intended for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged
information. Any unauthorized review, use, or disclosure is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy the
original message, including all copies, Thank you.