ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Starting TSM Windows GUI with a specific dsm.opt

2018-04-19 13:08:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Starting TSM Windows GUI with a specific dsm.opt
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 13:03:56 -0400
A couple of ways to do this:

* Set DSM_CONFIG to point to the desired dsm.opt file, then start dsm.exe.

   Example:

      set DSM_CONFIG=D:\somedir\andy.opt
      dsm

* Start dsm.exe and pass in -optfile=path_to_your_options_file

   Example:

      dsm -optfile=D:\somedir\andy.opt

Regards,

Andy

Andrew Raibeck | IBM Spectrum Protect Level 3 | storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
https://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/product/tivoli/tivoli_storage_manager

Online documentation:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7/landing/welcome_ssgsg7.html

Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2018-04-19
12:35:18:

> From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Date: 2018-04-19 12:40
> Subject: Starting TSM Windows GUI with a specific dsm.opt
>
> With the pending demise of the web interface, we need to find an
> alternative way to run the Windows GUI pointing to a specific dsm.opt -
not
> in the default location.
>
> Is there a document with run-time options for the GUI, which seems to
just
> launch dsm.exe / dsmagent?  Or is this an environmental variable?
>
> Either way, we need an way to replace the web interface.
>
> --
> *Zoltan Forray*
> Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator
> Xymon Monitor Administrator
> VMware Administrator
> Virginia Commonwealth University
> UCC/Office of Technology Services
> www.ucc.vcu.edu
> zforray AT vcu DOT edu - 804-828-4807
> Don't be a phishing victim - VCU and other reputable organizations will
> never use email to request that you reply with your password, social
> security number or confidential personal information. For more details
> visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?
> u=http-3A__phishing.vcu.edu_&d=DwIBaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-
> siA1ZOg&r=Ij6DLy1l7wDpCbTfcDkLC_KknvhyGdCy_RnAGnhV37I&m=_FXf8_5jlV_NkxI-

VtskyJ0acVIamLMNwgDKTM8eaU0&s=fPOpg0IURcUT1ACxBi9WAl6n7J8NOkLhshS8Vq1PB0g&e=