ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] NTNamedStreamRead() openNamedStream errors

2018-04-12 10:37:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] NTNamedStreamRead() openNamedStream errors
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 10:33:56 -0400
I recommend opening a PMR. Before opening the PMR, you should collect a
SERVICE trace of a command line selective backup of that specific file and
have it ready for support.

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 04/12/2018
08:42:57 AM:

> From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Date: 04/12/2018 08:43 AM
> Subject: Re: NTNamedStreamRead() openNamedStream errors
>
> Thank you for the info.  I would have thought the ISP client could
handle
> ADS.  The server should be running the University requires A/V program
so I
> would not think it is a infection.
>
> IBM - your thoughts on this?
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 9:05 PM, Harris, Steven <
> steven.harris AT btfinancialgroup DOT com> wrote:
>
> > Zoltan
> >
> > I think the problem is the colon in the file name.
> >
> > Windows has the capability to write multiple streams to the same file.
> > The streams are differentiated by a colon and the the stream id.
> >
> > At least that’s the gist of it.  See https://
> urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?
> u=https-3A__www.owasp.org_index&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-
> siA1ZOg&r=0hq2JX5c3TEZNriHEs7Zf7HrkY2fNtONOrEOM8Txvk8&m=FLLADfxjAevhtLY-

M_Ke4zRAAdenQZiUhYxCwFTBJpY&s=i6qsSsiPIxgU9BYZcyOwsI6PZXgSP4gvK2h3NDQrank&e=.
> > php/Windows_::DATA_alternate_data_stream
> > Often used by hackers to hide stuff apparently.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > Steven Harris
> > TSM Admin
> > Canberra Australia

Of
> > Zoltan Forray
> > Sent: Thursday, 12 April 2018 3:40 AM
> > To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> > Subject: [ADSM-L] NTNamedStreamRead() openNamedStream errors
> >
> > Has anyone seen these kind of errors?  A user has been having these
errors
> > for a long time (they manage their own box and thus din't notice these
> > errors for 9+ months)
> >
> >    TSM return code   : 104
> >    TSM file          : ..\..\common\winnt\psmech.cpp (6583)
> > 04/10/2018 22:58:04 ANS0361I DIAG: NTNamedStreamRead():
openNamedStream
> > S:\arts-data\Private Directories\jwaltonen\Muse\
> > Muse\Exceptions\AdobeMuse7.0-mul\Install Adobe
> > Muse.app\Contents\Resources\Adobe
> > Muse\Contents\Resources\META-INF\AIR\extensions\com.adobe.
> > oobelib.extensions\META-INF\ANE\MacOS-x86\OOBELibANE.
> > framework\Versions\Current:AFP_AfpInfo:
> > RC=104
> > 04/10/2018 22:58:04 ANS5250E An unexpected error was encountered.
> >    TSM function name : openNamedStream
> >    TSM function      : CreateFile() returned '2' for file
':AFP_AfpInfo'

> > All Google hits are for a much older client - they are fairly current
at
> > 7.1.6.5 on a Windows 2012 server.
> >
> > --
> > *Zoltan Forray*
> > Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator Xymon
> > Monitor Administrator VMware Administrator Virginia Commonwealth
University
> > UCC/Office of Technology Services www.ucc.vcu.edu zforray AT vcu DOT edu -
> > 804-828-4807 Don't be a phishing victim - VCU and other reputable
> > organizations will never use email to request that you reply with your
> > password, social security number or confidential personal information.
For
> > more details visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?
> u=http-3A__phishing.vcu.edu_&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-
> siA1ZOg&r=0hq2JX5c3TEZNriHEs7Zf7HrkY2fNtONOrEOM8Txvk8&m=FLLADfxjAevhtLY-

M_Ke4zRAAdenQZiUhYxCwFTBJpY&s=kW3hJburmEq5_GBZnEAuvIwlFNjWVI5jNnlzLgghN7k&e=

> > This message and any attachment is confidential and may be privileged
or
> > otherwise protected from disclosure. You should immediately delete the
> > message if you are not the intended recipient. If you have received
this
> > email by mistake please delete it from your system; you should not
copy the
> > message or disclose its content to anyone.
> >
> > This electronic communication may contain general financial product
advice
> > but should not be relied upon or construed as a recommendation of any
> > financial product. The information has been prepared without taking
into
> > account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should
consider
> > the Product Disclosure Statement relating to the financial product and
> > consult your financial adviser before making a decision about whether
> > acquire, hold or dispose of a financial product.
> >
> > For further details on the financial product please go to
> > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?
> u=http-3A__www.bt.com.au&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-
> siA1ZOg&r=0hq2JX5c3TEZNriHEs7Zf7HrkY2fNtONOrEOM8Txvk8&m=FLLADfxjAevhtLY-

M_Ke4zRAAdenQZiUhYxCwFTBJpY&s=nabTMwe5ZQYG5gXWgZzzbQkfaJyMfLI1noSZ9eyhmxs&e=