ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Operations Center 8.1.4 - Client Package Download using Proxy

2018-03-06 05:56:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Operations Center 8.1.4 - Client Package Download using Proxy
From: Martin Janosik <martin.janosik AT CZ.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 11:35:30 +0100
Hello,
have you considered some kind of transparent TCP-to-proxy redirection, i.e.
redsocks?
I have not tested is personally but I bookmarked it in the past - I thought
it could be helpful one day (today?)

Martin J.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2018-03-06
10:34:13:

> From: Uwe Schreiber <uwe.h.schreiber AT T-ONLINE DOT DE>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Date: 2018-03-06 10:36
> Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Operations Center 8.1.4 - Client Package
> Download using Proxy
>
> I did a test by setting the Java options for the instance user, and
> restarted the instance.
>
> As well i set the Java options for usage by the OPC.
>
> -> unchanged situation -> download of packages is failing.
>
> Not the OC which is downloading the software packages.
> The "Deploy Package Manager" (integrated in the dsmserv binary?)
> triggers the download / refresh / etc. of the software packages.
>
> I did not see any other java processes than the OPC GUI when the
> message "ANR3753I The client update packages manager is started. /
> ANR3756I A refresh of client update packeges was started."
>
> So I assume dsmserv does not start any Java based sub-processes for
> downloading the software packages.
>
> Uwe
>
> On Tue, 2018-03-06 at 11:07 +0300, Efim wrote:
> > Why not to configure a transparent proxy for this traffic?
> >
> > Assuming that the hub participates in the download of packages, by
> > default Java does not use a system proxy.
> > You can try to use option Djava.net.useSystemProxies = true in the
> > environment settings for the user, on behalf of which the hub starts
> > it will looks like export IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS="-Dmysysprop1=tcpip
> > -Dmysysprop2=wait -Xdisablejavadump"
> > I found example in https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSM
> > KFH/com.ibm.apmaas.doc/install/config_forwardproxy_dc.htm
> > but it uses jvm.options file.
> >
> > Efim
> >

> > > 6 марта 2018 г., в 10:39, Uwe Schreiber <[email protected]
> > >
> > > Hello Efim,
> > >
> > > thank you for your response.
> > >
> > > I already had a try using the local catalog.
> > > This did not bypass the direct download from IBM.
> > >
> > > From my point of view, the local catalog gives you the possibility
> > > create your own package repository.
> > > Therefor you have to build a http server where you store the
> > > package
> > > for a download by the OC hub instance.
> > > In addition you have to modify the local catalog.json file to point
> > > the right package locations on your own http server.
> > >
> > > Of course i could setup my own http server and build a local
> > > repository.
> > > But this would increase the complexity, etc.
> > >
> > > Uwe

> u=https-3A__p&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-
> siA1ZOg&r=H5e_B7Ka5iXApV9NLO3a6LPjgmGzpTrVrSapqmyEY0E&m=TCER6L5E-

e0Od-1y1NcsjYk6dr2uwz7GBhdESLV4VP0&s=KfrP7fY71S9D98_YhAxk99uk4IhkHCZZ6h7jnd9iQgM&e=