ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] empty containers?

2018-02-21 09:13:44
Subject: [ADSM-L] empty containers?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 15:06:06 +0100
Hi All,

today I ran into something new: an empty directory container. No, not an empty
directory, and empty container. We’re moving SQL backups from directories to
traditional tape, dedup on SQL is non-existant, so tape is cheaper, and after
the expiration period the container pool should be empty. Well this being the
real world and all, of course I have a few containers left. Move container bla
bla to reduce disk usage. All nice, exceprt for some containers that are now
empty, thus can’t be moved… How do I get rid of those? TSM server level
8.1.1.100

--

 Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post