ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Don't upgrade TSM client to 7.1.8 on a 6.3 server!

2018-02-20 09:48:13
Subject: [ADSM-L] Don't upgrade TSM client to 7.1.8 on a 6.3 server!
From: "Loon, Eric van (ITOPT3) - KLM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 14:29:21 +0000
Hi guys,
I just found out the hard way and I would like to share this knowledge before
anyone else running this (unsupported) server level runs into the same issue:
do NOT upgrade the TSM client to 7.1.8 on a 6.3 server. This client contains a
GSKit version (8.0.50.78) which is not compatible with the 6.3 server. As soon
as you upgrade the client, you will not be able to back up the TSM database
(ANR4588E A database backup configuration might be incorrect) and as soon as
you stop your server, you won't be able to start it anymore (ANR1820E The
server could not connect to the database manager by using TCP/IP port). After
downgrading to the GSKit that comes with the 7.1.6.x clients (8.0.50.66)
everything is working again.
So, now it's logged on the internet. :)
Kind regards,
Eric van Loon