ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Command to only backup and clear archive logs

2018-02-20 07:16:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Command to only backup and clear archive logs
From: Hans Christian Riksheim <bullhcr AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 13:13:42 +0100
Hi,

it takes  1,5 hours for 1,3 TB of database if everything is OK.. Two
streams to tape.  Problem is sometimes that is too long time if the
dbbackup is triggered when the log is 80(?) percent and something is going
on which creates lot of archivelogs. Like reorganization.. I think it was
more convenient with TSM version 5 where "backup incremental" would clear
the log in no time.

Hans Chr.