ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DBS vault volume question

2017-11-13 02:02:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DBS vault volume question
From: "rouzen AT univ.haifa.ac DOT il" <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 07:00:06 +0000
Hi Testa

The trick "force=yes"  did it .....

Thanks to all

Regards Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Giacomo Testa
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2017 10:16 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Hi Robert,

As Stefan said, DRM (Disaster Recovery Manager) should be able to handle all
the media state changes automatically.

If, otherwise, you just want to stop using DRM and recover all the tapes, the
problem is that it's not possible to delete the last db snapshot backup, at
least not officially.
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21083952

There is the undocumented option force=yes for the delete volhistory command.
It's undocumented, so be sure that deleting this last db snapshot is really
what you want to do, and double check before launching the command.
https://www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu/msg85767.html

Steps:
1) Check that this is the last and only db snapshot backup q volh ty=dbs
2) Delete the volume from volhistory
del volh ty=dbs todate=today force=yes

Giacomo Testa