ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Server on RHEL Cluster

2017-11-10 07:27:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Server on RHEL Cluster
From: John Keyes <rakyr AT GMX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 13:24:17 +0100
Hello,

i am trying to "clusterfy" a clients TSM 6 Server Setup. I know IBM doesn't
directly support this but it should still be possible.
Now I got the same version of everything installed and a working RHEL cluster
setup.
The TSM installation in /opt is local on each server, but the instance home,
database, logs and storage are on a shared storage. I configured a new
(isolated) instance with the same properties (user, name, directories) as the
originial instance, so that everything should be in the right place when I
would mount the shared storage.
However something is off, and everytime i try to start the instance, it seems
that TSM cant find the DB2 database.

Has anyone ever tried something familiar and can maybe provide some insight?

Kind Regards,
John