ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Question on Collocation

2017-11-09 11:23:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Question on Collocation
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 16:11:46 +0000
 Content preview:  Hi Jennifer, While there is a COLLOCGROUP option to MOVE
NODEDATA,
    it sounds like you just want to move one node's data. Any kind of data
movement
    operation will try to respect the collocation setting you provide at the
   node level, assuming you have the storage pool set to collocate by group as
    well. Something like this would move the node's data to fresh tapes in the
    same storage pool: [...]

  pts rule name              description
  0.7 SPF_NEUTRAL            SPF: sender does not match SPF record (neutral)
 -0.0 RP_MATCHES_RCVD        Envelope sender domain matches handover relay
domain
        Rule breakdown below
         pts rule name              description
        ---- ----------------------

Hi Jennifer,

While there is a COLLOCGROUP option to MOVE NODEDATA, it sounds like you
just want to move one node's data.  Any kind of data movement operation
will try to respect the collocation setting you provide at the node level,
assuming you have the storage pool set to collocate by group as well.
Something like this would move the node's data to fresh tapes in the same
storage pool:

MOVE NODEDATA some_node FROMSTGPOOL=some_pool

As Marc said, though, as long as collocation at the pool level is set to
either NODE or GROUP, there is no difference between a node being in no
collocation group, and a node being in a collocation group that has no
other nodes.

As for starting a full backup, the TSM terminology is somewhat confusingly
"selective backup". I'm not sure if this will start a VSS backup but it
will backup all the eligible files in your backup domain.

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354