ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Issue restoring SQL database via TDP

2017-11-01 18:51:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Issue restoring SQL database via TDP
From: Paul_Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 09:49:20 +1100
Hi Andy,

In the Windows client GUI there is no replace option. I selected the Restore to
Alternate location option.
Under that are the options:

Restore to original database
Restore to new database (select Instance and enter the database name)

Restore to original location
Restore files to all one directory (then you can browse and select the location
to restore to)
Relocate files individually (you can then edit the logical name, path & file
name if you want)

I chose to restore to a new database and relocate the files individually (and
modify the file name to restore over)

Thanks & Regards
Paul

-----Original