ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Invoking backup from powercli

2017-10-21 02:29:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Invoking backup from powercli
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 06:28:03 +0000
Nice little challenge this one.

I would build something that when they place a trigger-file somewhere that
executes a fixed macro that they can’t modify or read on another system.
The macro runs a clientaction within spectrum protect that starts the
backup.

So they only place the file somewhere, that location in looked at by a
script every minute and as soon as the file is found it removes it and
starts a client action.

They don’t get the access you don’t want to give them but it is still an
action you can monitor.

Regards,
   Stefan