ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Restoring tdp to alternate server

2017-10-16 14:57:39
Subject: [ADSM-L] Restoring tdp to alternate server
From: Michael Devenney <mdevenney AT RETSD.MB DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 18:56:22 +0000
I had a Windows 2012 sql server crash. After restoring the drives, I did not
have the sql database files show up. I checked the backup and no mdf or log
files were backed up using the TSM client. I am now trying to restore the
crashed server sql database files from the tdp for tsm to another server.
I followed the user manual and copied the dsm.opt file from the sql folder to
the alternate server. I opened up the MMC and the config files are showing up
with the info from the server I want to restore.
When I try to view the sql databases, I only see the sql databases that are on
the current server. What am I doing wrong?
Crashed Server is Windows 2012
SQL DB is windows 2012
tdp for sql on the crashed server was 6.4.x
I am doing all legacy backups. On the server I am trying to restore to it has
TDP for TSM 7.1.x.

Thanks

Michael Devenney

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and may contain confidential and
message.