ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM for VE broken after today's MS patch

2017-10-10 23:24:04
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE broken after today's MS patch
From: Tom Alverson <tom.alverson AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 23:21:22 -0400
I have 8 TSM for VE installations in one of our data centers all running
TSM4VE 7.1.4.0 on windows server 2008R2.  One of the servers was a mess
after patching (the rest are OK).  When I logged on the CPU's were pegged
and there were hundreds of CMD.EXE processes starting and stopping.  I
found that by stopping the "Data Protection for VMware CLI" and "Data
protection for VMware web server service" services the CPU settled down
(not sure which of those two did it).  I then noticed the C: drive had zero
bytes free and found all sorts of TRC DMP and TXT files in this folder:

C:\IBM\tivoli\tsm\tdpvmware\webserver\usr\servers\veProfile

I deleted all those files and now the server is back up, but only after I
disabled those services as the disk filled again after a reboot.  I don't
think I actually need those services as I don't use any web interface but I
won't know until tomorrow when my backup jobs run.  The other 7 TSM4VE
servers patched with no issues??