ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Magic Decoder Ring needed

2017-10-10 13:58:24
Subject: [ADSM-L] Magic Decoder Ring needed
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 13:56:47 -0400
Recently we started seeing these errors on one of our servers:

10/10/2017 13:35:51  ANR1330E The server has detected possible corruption
in
                      an object that is being restored or moved. The actual

                      values for the incorrect frame are: magic 53454652
hdr
                      version    2 hdr length    32 sequence number
 22610
                      data length    3FFB0 server ID        0 segment ID

                      2720223190 crc        0. (SESSION: 39218, PROCESS:
171)
10/10/2017 13:35:51  ANR1331E Invalid frame detected.  Expected magic
53454652

The Process ID points to a Backup Stgpool process (the only thing running),
not anything being "moved or restored".  There are also a bunch of sessions
running/stuck/hung but that is a different problem.

Any idea on how to determine what is causing this?  We've seen the error
quite a few times within the past few days.

--
*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator