ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 7.1.8/8.1.3 Security Upgrade Install Issues

2017-10-10 12:00:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 7.1.8/8.1.3 Security Upgrade Install Issues
From: "Sergio O. Fuentes" <sfuentes AT UMD DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 11:58:22 -0400
My digicert signed certs are loaded into the server cert.kdb using the
gsk8apicmd functions.  That's working.  My question was getting those
non-existent root and intermediate CA certs loaded into the client.
Normally, in order to get SSL working, you need the whole signing chain on
the client (not the private TSM server signed cert).   In prior versions to
8.1.2 you had to manually add any commercial root certs that were not
included in the original dsmcert.kdb.

I just did a quick test on a new client, and it looks like the whole public
cert chain is negotiated correctly with a CA signed certificate.

Initial environment was with the admin client (dsmadmc) and admin
sessionsecurity=transitional.  Both server and client are on the same
machine 8.1.3 server and 8.1.2 client.  I'm not sure if that factored into
the negotiation.

So far, I think we're in good shape to have this pushed out in the next two
weeks to production.  We'll be upgrading the servers first and the ops
center shortly thereafter.  Then we'll be recommending that all clients
start the upgrade process (providing SSL guidance where necessary).
Therefore, most of our admins and nodes will be in the transitional state
for quite some time.

Thanks!
Sergio