ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 7.1.8/8.1.3 Security Upgrade Install Issues

2017-10-09 12:16:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 7.1.8/8.1.3 Security Upgrade Install Issues
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 16:14:54 +0000
 Content preview:  I definitely agree with this; at least for TSM v7 it would
    have been far better to call it v7.2.0 to make it clear that it's a huge
   change with lots of caveats and potential failure points. We've just now
discovered
    that TSM v7.1.8 does not play nicely with GPFS/mmbackup due to a change in
    how SSL certificates are loaded - hopefully it's a simple fix but who
knows...
    [...]

  pts rule name              description
  0.7 SPF_NEUTRAL            SPF: sender does not match SPF record (neutral)
 -0.0 RP_MATCHES_RCVD        Envelope sender domain matches handover relay
domain
        Rule breakdown below
         pts rule name              description
        ---- ----------------------

On Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 02:36:13PM -0500, Roger Deschner wrote:
> This difficulty comes up while there are open, now-published security
> vulnerabilities out there inviting exploits, and making our Security
> people very nervous. But the considerations described in
> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg22004844 make it very
> difficult and risky to proceed with 7.1.8/8.1.3 as though it was just a
> patch. It's a major upgrade, requiring major research and planning, with
> the threat of an exploit constantly hanging over our heads. I really
> wish this had been handled differently.

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354