ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 7.1.8/8.1.3 Security Upgrade Install Issues

2017-10-09 08:50:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 7.1.8/8.1.3 Security Upgrade Install Issues
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 08:48:23 -0400
>>>* If you have an existing cert.kdb database and cert.arm file that were
>>>created
before V7.1.8 or V8.1, then V7.1.8, V8.1.2, and V8.1.3 clients and the
Operations Center are unable to connect to a V7.1.8, V8.1.2, V8.1.3 server

We have never used/turned-on SSL on any of our SP/TSM servers, so I have
very little experience with certs.  That being said, the test server was
running 8.1.1 (upgraded from 7.1.7) and there was a cert256.arm file.  When
we couldn't get dsmadmc to run after upgrading, I stumbled upon the dsmcert
command and after running "*dsmcert -add -server TSMTEST -file
/home/tsminst1/cert.arm*" on the server, dsmadmc now works.

>>>I read this as, "If you have SSLTCPPORT and TCPPORT as different
numbers, TCPPORT will allow non-SSL TCP/IP connections".

For SSLTCPPORT, the docs also say "*Valid values are 1024 - 32767. There
is **no default.*"  -  So, it is automatically making TCPPORT (1500) and
TCPADMINPORT (1500) SSL required/forced?

--
visit http://phishing.vcu.edu/