ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 7.1.8/8.1.3 Security Upgrade Install Issues

2017-10-06 15:33:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 7.1.8/8.1.3 Security Upgrade Install Issues
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 15:30:56 -0400
Well, my testing of upgrading to 8.1.2/3 is not going well.  Sure glad I am
doing this on a test server, since it doesn't bode well for a production
system.  This is what we did in our testing.

1.  Server was upgraded from 8.1.1 to 8.1.3
2.  Created a new node.  Installed 7.1.6 client on a W10E workstation.
Connected to the 8.1.3 server with no issues.  Performed backups, etc.
Even tried the webGUI/client with no issues.
3.  Upgraded workstation client to 8.1.2 and now we can't connect to the
server.  Keeps giving us an SSL error.  Checked all configuration for the
node and opt file.  Everything was set to SESSIONSECURITY Transitional.
Now all we get (using the default client) is:  10/06/2017 15:09:25 ANS1592E
Failed to initialize SSL protocol.

I thought you were supposed to be able to upgrade the server to 8.1.2+ and
then all of the clients would automagically get the cert/key from the
server once they upgraded to 8.1.2+

What am I missing?

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT u.washington DOT
edu>

--
*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator