ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] FW: 100-Year Archive Survey - Your Input Requested

2017-10-01 17:56:18
Subject: [ADSM-L] FW: 100-Year Archive Survey - Your Input Requested
From: "Bob \"Mister\" Rogers" <storageguy AT MINDSPRING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 17:55:58 -0400
Apologies for cross-posting, but the archive function of ADSM is being used by
some number of installations.  We’d appreciate your participation and we expect
to publish our survey results early next year.

Primary Study Authors:

Bob Rogers & Sam Fineberg

SNIA Long Term Retention Working Group

<http://snia.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b421c01fc38e58ca8bdccc0be&id=b2b56de25c&e=763d461a73>

<http://snia.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=b421c01fc38e58ca8bdccc0be&id=966f2e4ddb&e=763d461a73>
 Call for Participation

SNIA Announces the 2017 100-Year Archive Survey

SNIA is seeking the help of IT and archiving professionals to complete a 2017
update to the 100-Year Archive Survey. The goals of the survey are to
understand:

*       How archival practices have evolved in ten years
*       What type of information is now being retained and for how long
*       Changes in corporate practices
*       Practitioners’ experiences with terabyte-size archival systems
*       Impact of technology changes such as Cloud

The first 100-Year Archive Survey was completed 10 years ago. This 2017 survey
will help us update requirements, best practices, and solutions for the
retention and preservation of long-term digital information.

<http://snia.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b421c01fc38e58ca8bdccc0be&id=ee4ebde8f6&e=763d461a73>
 Please take the survey here.

Thank you for your support of this important initiative.

The survey will be open until the end of October 2017. Results will be
published in early 2018.

<http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmailchi.mp%2Fsnia%2F100-year-archive-survey-your-input-requested&t=100-Year%20Archive%20Survey%20-%20%20Your%20Input%20Requested>

<http://twitter.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmailchi.mp%2Fsnia%2F100-year-archive-survey-your-input-requested&text=SNIA+requests+input+for+the+2017+100-year+archive+survey&count=none>

<http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmailchi.mp%2Fsnia%2F100-year-archive-survey-your-input-requested&title=100-Year%20Archive%20Survey%20-%20%20Your%20Input%20Requested>

<https://gallery.mailchimp.com/b421c01fc38e58ca8bdccc0be/images/74dc7957-0bda-4932-9eef-ccb5b7fec56a.png>

Copyright © 2017 SNIA, All rights reserved.
 SNIA | 4360 ArrowsWest Drive | Colorado Springs, CO 80907 |

<http://snia.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=b421c01fc38e58ca8bdccc0be&id=9efea1d8f2&e=763d461a73>
 www.snia.org

<http://snia.us7.list-manage.com/profile?u=b421c01fc38e58ca8bdccc0be&id=5d370e4c35&e=763d461a73>
 Update your preferences or