ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] rebinding objects for API client archives

2017-09-20 08:21:35
Subject: [ADSM-L] rebinding objects for API client archives
From: "Rhodes, Richard L." <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 12:18:41 +0000
We have a TSM instance that is dedicated to "applications".  These are
applications that use the API client to store some kind of object in TSM.  An
example is IBM Content Manager.  Nodes are in domains with a default Mgt Class
with 7 years retention, and store their data as Archives, although one
application uses Backups.

We received a legal hold request to keep some of this data for 12 years.

It's my understanding that you cannot rebind archive data.  That is, changing
the MgtClass will do nothing to keep this data longer.

Do we have to change the Mgt Class and have the users retrieve/re-archive the
data?

Is this correct?  Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Rick

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.