ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] *EXTERNAL* Re: Spectrum Protect for VE - how to get started

2017-09-07 08:09:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] *EXTERNAL* Re: Spectrum Protect for VE - how to get started
From: "Rhodes, Richard L." <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 12:07:33 +0000
I did read about this announcement.  We are setting up a meeting with local IBM
folks around VE.  When we talked with him he immediately mentioned this new
product.  The IBM storage blogger Tony Pearson made it sound like this new
product is a low end and simpler tool to backup VM's.  I guess the real
question is whether this new product is a long term replacement for VE.
Another issue is whether this new product will fall under our capacity license,
which VE does.

Rick