ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Spectrum Protect for VE - how to get started

2017-09-03 02:08:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Spectrum Protect for VE - how to get started
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 08:04:15 +0200
Steve,

I don't think you should look at Spectrum Protect Plus as an improved
Spectrum Protect.
It's a totally different solution for a, for the most part, different
environment.
Spectrum Protect is an enterprise class catch-all backup & recovery
solution, Spectrum Protect Plus looks more to me like an entry-level
vSphere/Hyper-V point solution.

That doesn't mean it doesn't have its place in the market, it does, but
that does mean that if you have a Spectrum Protect solution in place it
would seem a bit silly maybe, but then again, there are very few details
released at this point.