ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM clients with 1 and 10 GB adapters

2017-08-31 16:28:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM clients with 1 and 10 GB adapters
From: Karel Bos <tsm.wad AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 22:08:19 +0200
Hi,

Not being a network guru myself but I recall having 2 interfaces in the same
subnet even with different IP addresses is bad. On paper it looks all good,
as you define multiple addresses and tell the software which one to use but
in reality networks work on MAC level and TCP is just a protocol.

That said, We have 2 adapters in the same subnet but use a failover
configuration (on AIX). In your case, if both are indeed in the same subnet,
I would configure the 10GB card as prim and the 1GB card as failover.

Kind regards,

Karel