ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] trouble sending encrypted data to tape

2017-08-29 13:28:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] trouble sending encrypted data to tape
From: "Lee, Gary" <glee AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 17:23:49 +0000
When using client-side encryption with key=generate, when I try either backup
or archive directly to a tape pool, the client will try to mount volumes until
it failes.

Tsm windows client 7.1.4, server 7.1.7.1 on RHEL 6.9.

Collocation is set to group (default) on the tape storage pool.
Any ideas out there?
Believe it or not, tape runs faster than disk on my servers, so this would
speed up the process.