ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 8.1.2 client and 7.1.7 servers

2017-08-23 04:25:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 8.1.2 client and 7.1.7 servers
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 10:21:23 +0200
I agree with Eric and I have 8.2 VE setups connected to 7.1 servers at
multiple sites, i've never seen any issues. I do find the documentation
strange if it say's you need to upgrade your clients before upgrading the
server. The only thing that makes sense to me is client-side dedup with
compression, for that you want your clients on the latest level otherwise
the compression isn't compatible with the server compression and you don't
get optimal results.