ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] LTO7 tape capacity

2017-08-21 11:27:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] LTO7 tape capacity
From: Stephan Rumpfhuber <stephan.rumpfhuber AT JKU DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 17:27:02 +0200
5.7 TB Seems to be pretty normal to me. As the name of the storage pool
implies video content, I think you won`t get much more compression with
LTO enabled hardware compression on video files with a decent codec.
In our environment we observed a LTO7 Capacity of 9.64T in average per
volume (median 9.6T) on univeral/mixed data. The best we saw so far was
a Volume with ~14TB.
When disabling compression we got steady 5.5 T on each LTO Tape.

Regards Stephan