ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] AW: deleting a directory container

2017-08-10 11:00:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] AW: deleting a directory container
From: Michael Malitz <michael.malitz AT MM-IT DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 16:58:23 +0200
Hallo,

If your command sequence happend today,  you only  have to wait another day and
the extents should be gone.

If this ist the  case BUT you  would like to delete  the unused container(s)
earlier:

Try:

q extentupdates    <your container pool name>

if you see  „Extent Reuse Delay (Days)  NOT equal to 0  please try to update

update stgpool  <your container pool name>“  reusedelay=0

After 30 Minutes (sometime also more) the container should be gone (have also a
look to the meaning of reusedelay).

++++++++++++++++++

Another general  point regarding the  update of a stgpooldir with
"access=destroyed":

In general, the commands  you entered should work but in some of my customer
cases this was not always  true.

The  update of a stgpooldir with "access=destroyed"   command should mark the
objects as damaged .

After that you should be able to see damaged objects -  enter:    „q damaged
<your container pool name>“

               If not,  you can also  try to use the  audit container  command
with  „action=markdamaged“  and after that  „ with action=removedamaged„

Rgds michael