ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tapes from LTO5 to LTO7

2017-08-07 14:12:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tapes from LTO5 to LTO7
From: Rick Saylor <rsaylor AT AUSTINCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 13:07:55 -0500
Robert,

You solution is fine as long as you update the LTO5 volumes to readonly
access after you check them into the new library. Make sure you check
the LTO5 volumes out once the status changes to empty or pending. If you
have the room in the new library for both the LTO5 and LTO7 volumes then
I would use the next storage pool method and let TSM/Spectrum Protect
move the data for you.

Rick Saylor
Austin Community College