ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ndmp

2017-08-02 02:49:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ndmp
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 08:48:40 +0200
Same here, we have more than a few clients running NAS solutions going up
to I believe about 200TB and the backups are done via a windows server
connected to cifs shares.
file attributes might become an issue if the NAS is sharing via CIFS and
NFS but other than that it seems to work okay, it's a pity (but logical)
that you can't run journalled backups but at least you can backup 10+
shares at once, still, if you have many small files backups can take a long
time to complete and don't undersize the server that will be running the
backups either.

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 12:04 AM, Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT u.washington DOT
edu>