ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ndmp

2017-08-01 18:12:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ndmp
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 22:04:36 +0000
I agree, we use this approach as well. NDMP has scaling issues, doesn't
play nicely with TSM incremental backups or include/exclude lists, and ties
you into a single storage vendor for both backups and restores. That last
point is particularly scary for anyone writing DR plans, since who knows
what storage you'll end up with after a real disaster.

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354