ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Sloooow deletion of objects on Replication target server

2017-07-27 08:21:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Sloooow deletion of objects on Replication target server
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 08:19:33 -0400
On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 12:56 AM, Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT gmail DOT
com
> wrote:

> The read intensive ssd's can be the enterprise value type from lenovo,

I will pitch the idea but am pretty sure I will be wasting my time.  There
are 2-other TSM servers that must be replaced/budgeted next year (we are
state budget July->June) due to warranty expiring.  Plus, we are a Dell/EMC
shop so we must buy from them.  I am focusing on the number of
cores/threads since even idle the box seems to be running 12+ processes.
Right now I am doing 2-movedata on NFS volumes that are 256GB in size (I
later realized this big a volume is a mistake and am rebuilding to 128GB
volumes) and 2-of my production servers are sending DB Snapshots (we use
this as a warm-site and store DBBackups, copies of volhist, devconfig, etc)
and the load average is >25.

--
*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator