ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrading Linux server from 7.1.7.300 to 8.1.1 - fail

2017-07-26 07:54:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrading Linux server from 7.1.7.300 to 8.1.1 - fail
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 07:52:36 -0400
Thank you for the response and links.  The symptoms sound exactly like what
I am seeing but the dates don't correlate . The 7.1.7.300 package I
upgraded the server to (from 7.1.7.000) is dated 06/20/2017 while the
SP_8.1.1_LIN86_SER-STG_ML.bin file I am using to install 8.1.1 is dated
06/30/2017 - unless the dates have to be much later than 06/30/2017 (*For
example, the following upgrade procedures can fail:  -  3: Upgrade from
patch release 7.1.7.200 to V8.1.1*).

I am re-downloading the 8.1.1 install package to see if it makes a
difference, since the docs say "*If 7.1.7.100 is installed, you can obtain
a V8.1.1 installation package from Passport Advantage and directly upgrade
the server to V8.1.1 without uninstalling 7.1.7.100"*

If not, I will go the uninstall route.  Again, thanks.