ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] tsm for ve and backup / restore of VMs as domain controlers

2017-06-09 03:18:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] tsm for ve and backup / restore of VMs as domain controlers
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 09:15:27 +0200
First, I must admit I'm no Microsoft person so I am probably using the
wrong names when it comes to that, sorry in advance. :-)
Most of my customers do something like this.
They backup the DC's with VE and the B/A client.
The use the B/A client to restore (reactivate?) OU's.
They only restore a DC VM when all DC's are broken like in a DR scenario.
They will build a new VM when a single DC is broken and manually give that
VM the DC role.

Time/date issues occur when you restore a DC VM in a domain when other DC's
are still running so don't do that.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
   Stefan