ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Questions related to Protect directory container pools to TAPE

2017-05-12 08:51:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Questions related to Protect directory container pools to TAPE
From: Michael Prix <mp AT RS6000.DARKTECH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 14:36:58 +0200
Hello Mark,

IBM has decided shortly after introducing the Copy-Containerpools to handle
them not the same way as legacy containerpools, but like legacy primary pools.
Thus said, you can't make them OFFSITE, and thus you can't use the benefites
of DRM. Handle them like primary storagepool volumes with regard to volumes
taken out of the library, e.g. UNAVAILABLE instead of OFFSITE.

--
Michael Prix