ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] freezing a final backup of a vm

2017-05-05 09:03:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] freezing a final backup of a vm
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 13:02:09 +0000
Hi,

Not sure either if this apar  has been solved, but the web page give a solution
to the problem : "Rename the filespace back to its original name to regain
access to this data from the client.". Thus in the case of a restore request,
you would just have to rename the current filespace name to xxx_current and
rename the freezed one to the current one ... Has to be tested though !

Two other means I could think of : rename the VM in ESX, and do a backup with
the new name, then name it back to original name.

Or, a much more complicated approach : make use of another target node name,
same style than this : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21688752

Cheers.

Arnaud