ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Lots and lots of FILLING volumes on Replication Target server

2017-04-26 08:19:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Lots and lots of FILLING volumes on Replication Target server
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 14:16:56 +0200
I don't really understand what the problem is, maybe I am missing
something. :-)
Just use your maxscratch value on the storagepool and calculate this so you
have enough space free for reclaims and db backups.
You can keep the reclaim value at 30-40% or at least run it like that some
hours every day (that is what I did when I still used filepools) to make
sure you don't waste too much space with full volumes that don't reclaim, I
think reclaiming at 65% is way to high for disk.

What I did is create a device class with a 20GB max size and set the max
scratch on the pool to be the total size minus something like 25%, that
should leave enough space for db backups and if you become 100% full on the
storagepool you can increase the storage but before you got that sorted
increase the max scratch value, it's sort of like a soft quota.

Every replication session needs a volume to replicate to I think so when
you do many to one and have many sessions things add up quickly, filling
volumes is nothing to worry about I think.