ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM7.1.7 DB growing with Dedup

2017-04-12 15:06:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM7.1.7 DB growing with Dedup
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 15:03:20 -0400
I converted a server over to directory container polls and replication.
Their previous FILE stgpool was around 140TB of data. After defining
everything I used the TSMOC dialogs to enable replication and then started
running the CONVERT STGPOOL command. At the start of this I had 430GB of
available DBSPACE. I was only running the PROTECT schedules. The REPLICATE
schedule was marked inactive until the convert completed. I stopped the
convert when I got down to only 70GB of DBspace left and around 40TB to
convert. Since then the DB has been shrinking about 2-4GB per day. We're
ordering more SSD drives so we can increase the DBSPACE but I may run out of
space before then.

Is the fact that all nodes are set for replication holding on to some DB and
DIR pool space? And my target container pool seems to be a lot different
used% even though my PROTECT processes are running to completion.

I'm thinking if I remove replication from all the nodes until I'm done with
the conversion it should help? Then change each node back for replication
and start the schedule.

TIA,

Bill Boyer

"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." -??