ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restore NDMP backups from Netapp 7 mode to CIFS shares ?

2017-03-22 15:21:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restore NDMP backups from Netapp 7 mode to CIFS shares ?
From: Ron Delaware <ron.delaware AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 11:19:20 -0800
IF you setup the web client to perform the restores, you can restore them to someplace other than the original location, provided that your NDMP backups are using what is called a 3-way setup of the NDMP environment.  This setup has the NDMP backups being sent to a TSM/Spectrum Protect controlled storage pool, vs the NAS Filer controlling the data an sending directly to a fiber/san attached tape/disk pool

Best Regards,

Ronald C. Delaware
Senior Consultant
IBM Corporation | System Lab Services