ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Best Practices/Best Performance SP/TSM B/A Client Settings ?

2017-03-20 21:13:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Best Practices/Best Performance SP/TSM B/A Client Settings ?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:11:17 -0500
Hi Ben,

Here are some items to get you started:

Backup-Archive client with limited, high latency network (WAN backups):
===============================
TCPWINDOWSIZE           512
RESOURCEUTILIZATION     4
COMPRESSION             Yes
DEDUPLICATION           Yes
ENABLEDEDUPCACHE        Yes

Tip:  Do not use the client deduplication caching for applications that
use the IBM Spectrum Protect API.  Refer to section 1.2.3.2.1 for
additional details.

Backup/Archive client or Client API with limited network (Gigabit LAN
backups):
===============================
TCPWINDOWSIZE           512
RESOURCEUTILIZATION     10
COMPRESSION             Yes
DEDUPLICATION           Yes
ENABLEDEDUPCACHE        No

Backup/Archive client or Client API with high speed network (10 Gigabit +
LAN backups)
===============================
TCPWINDOWSIZE           512
RESOURCEUTILIZATION     10
COMPRESSION             No
DEDUPLICATION           No
ENABLEDEDUPCACHE        No

Tip:  For optimal data reduction, avoid the following client option
combination:

COMPRESSION     Yes
DEDUPLICATION   No

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/15/2017
02:39:04 PM: